Terms, Conditions & Privacy
Terms & Conditions
‘I’, ‘me’ or ‘Leather for Folkies’ refers to Simon Brock trading as Simon Brock Clog maker & Leatherworker, at the address given on the Contact page of this website. ‘You’ refers to you (customers or potential customers or users of this website.)
If you’re in any doubt about what you’re ordering or have any special requirements, please get in touch to resolve it first. For example:
- Any queries about clogs
- Exact colour of leather: you can have a sample
- Exact internal dimensions of a bag because you need to put something very specific in it
- You’re particularly short/tall/skinny/wide and need a shoulder strap to fit
All questions will be answered honestly.
Due to the complex nature of clogs, there is currently no option to purchase them using the online shop system. This means that we must come to an agreement about size, colour, style, fitting and everything else before work begins. Normally this is done by e-mail exchange or Facebook messenger. If clogs are ordered over the phone, I will e-mail you the specifications, or clarify them on an invoice, before I start work on your clogs.
Returns and refunds of clogs
The exact terms of the agreement may differ between customers, but you should assume that they fall into one of the following four categories:
- Clogs bought from stock: If you tried them on at a festival or other event and bought them, but later decide you don’t want them, then you can return them. As long as they arrive in the same condition you bought them in, I will refund you for the clogs.
- Standard fitting clogs: If you order clogs at a standard size without trying them on first, and later decide you don’t want them, then it will normally be possible to return them as above unless they are a very unusual colour and/or style and will therefore be difficult to re-sell.
It is your responsibility to make sure that my standard fit clogs do, in fact, fit you: this can be done by visiting the workshop to try on clogs, or trying on clogs belonging to others, etc.
- Made-to-measure clogs (from drawings & measurements supplied by you): if the clog fits the drawings but doesn’t fit you then we need to talk to see if the issue can be resolved; but in this case the fault is probably yours (sorry!).
- Made-to-measure clogs (from drawings & measurements taken by me): if these don’t fit, then again we need to talk but in this case the fault is mine.
In any event, please contact me about any problems with clogs: they can normally be resolved amicably and to everyone’s satisfaction.
Ordering through the online shop
If you buy online – or based entirely on information you have seen online – then everything is covered by The Consumer Contracts Regulations (2014).
To make things easy, this is how it works in our context:
- If you order a standard item (e.g. stock design mask) and you don’t like it, you can return it within 14 days of it arriving for any reason or no reason at all, and get a full refund for the item (not including postage costs).
- If you order anything where you have to select options as you order (e.g. belts, guitar straps) and/or you have anything personalised, then a refund is at my discretion; but you will find I will happily refund most items except those which are personalised with initials etc., or made-to-measure (i.e. anything which cannot easily be re-sold to others).
- Please note that personalised or made-to-order items are exempt from the CCR standard terms. All clogs are also exempt from the CCR standard terms, as they are custom-made items: please see my own terms relating to clogs, above.
- If your stuff arrives damaged or doesn’t arrive at all, you can have a refund or replacement and we’ll get into the details of that if it happens. Let’s hope it doesn’t.
Ordering leather goods by phone, e-mail, post, Facebook or face-to-face
All orders placed by these methods will be confirmed in writing either by e-mail or post or via Facebook messenger, and I will make items according to the specification we’ve agreed. If the item then doesn’t meet what we agreed, a refund or exchange will be offered. However, if the item is made as agreed but is unsuitable because of mistakes on your part (e.g. wrong sizes given) then any refund, replacement or non-chargeable adaptation will be at my discretion.
Payment in full is required before dispatch and a deposit (normally 15%-20% of the total cost) is normally requested before work begins for larger or more unusual items.
Personal information entered whilst using the online shopping cart and checkout systems is stored by the site, and in my dusty tomes of customers’ names. This is all done by that most delicious method of data harvesting: cookies. Without this information, transactions become pretty difficult…
The Leather for Folkies Tribune occasional newsletter is administered by MailChimp. They hold any information you have entered when subscribing to the newsletter online or when signing up to the mailing list in person, but are not allowed to share, disclose or do anything with it other than use it for the purpose of administering the newsletter; except if required by law.
Any personal details you provide during making an online purchase or in e-mail/phone contact may be used to contact you in the future. Please drop a line at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org if you just want to be left alone. You will not be automatically added to the newsletter mailing list when you place an order.
Your personal data will never be given, sold or otherwise deliberately passed on to anyone else by me, except with your prior consent or unless disclosure is required by law.