Terms, Conditions & Privacy
Terms & Conditions
‘I’, ‘me’ or ‘Leather for Folkies’ refers to Simon Brock trading as Leather for Folkies at the address given on the Contact page of this website. ‘You’ refers to you! (That is, customers of Leather for Folkies.)
Ordering through the online shop
Don’t want to make this too boring. Basically, if you buy online – or based entirely on information you have seen online – then everything is covered by The Consumer Contracts Regulations (2014) which has superseded Distance Selling rules. Whatever bizarre and onerous conditions Leather for Folkies might ideally like to impose upon the unsuspecting customer, it matters not, because the regulations trump them all anyway.
So to make things easy, this is how it works in a Leather for Folkies context:
- If you order a standard item (e.g. pint purse, stock design masks, etc.) and you don’t like it, you can return it within 14 days of it arriving for any reason or no reason at all, and get a full refund, and we’ll pretend it never happened.
- If you order anything where you have to select options as you order (e.g. kit bags, belts) and/or you have anything personalised, then a refund is at the discretion of Leather for Folkies. Personalised or made-to-order items are exempt from the CCR standard terms.
- If your stuff arrives damaged or doesn’t arrive at all, you can have a refund or replacement and we’ll get into the details of that if it happens. Let’s hope it doesn’t.
- If the mistake is mine, you can have a refund or replacement. So if you order a red belt and you get sent a black one, I’ll send you a red one as well. BUT if you meant to order a red one, and you actually ordered a black one, and you got a black one, then you’re stuck with it. See the difference?
In reality, we’re all folkies, we are a decent, civilized bunch, and recourse to the nitty gritty of the terms and conditions is unlikely to be necessary. But if you’re in any doubt about what you’re ordering or have any special requirements, please get in touch to resolve it first. For example:
- Exact colour of leather: you can have a sample
- Exact internal dimensions of a bag because you need to put something very specific in it
- You’re particularly short/tall/skinny/tubby and need a shoulder strap to fit
All questions will be answered honestly.
Ordering by phone, e-mail, post or face-to-face
All orders placed by these methods will be confirmed in writing either by e-mail or post and I will make items according to the specification we’ve agreed. If the item then doesn’t meet what we agreed, a refund or exchange will be offered. However, if the item is made as agreed but is unsuitable because of mistakes on your part (e.g. wrong sizes given) then any refund, replacement or adaptation will be at my discretion.
Payment in full is required before dispatch and a deposit (normally 15% of the total cost) may be requested before work begins for larger or more unusual items.
Personal information entered whilst using the online shopping cart and checkout systems is stored by the site, and in Leather for Folkies’ dusty tomes of customers’ names. This is all done by that most delicious method of data harvesting, cookies. Without this information, transactions become pretty difficult…
The Leather for Folkies Tribune occasional newsletter is administered by MailChimp. They hold any information you have entered when subscribing to the newsletter online or when signing up to the mailing list in person, but are not allowed to do anything with it except if required by law.
Personal details may be used to contact you in the future – please drop a line at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org if you just want to be left alone – but you will not be automatically added to the newsletter mailing list when you place an order.
Your personal data will never be given, sold or otherwise passed on to anyone else by Leather for Folkies, unless disclosure is required by law (yes, it’s difficult to imagine the circumstances in which that would be the case).