Terms, Conditions & Privacy
Terms & Conditions
‘I’, ‘me’ or ‘Leather for Folkies’ refers to Simon Brock trading as Simon Brock Clogs and Leatherwork at the address given on the Contact page of this website. ‘You’ refers to you! (That is, customers of mine.)
If you’re in any doubt about what you’re ordering or have any special requirements, please get in touch to resolve it first. For example:
- Any queries about clogs
- Exact colour of leather: you can have a sample
- Exact internal dimensions of a bag because you need to put something very specific in it
- You’re particularly short/tall/skinny/tubby and need a shoulder strap to fit
All questions will be answered honestly.
Due to the complex nature of clogs, there is currently no option to purchase them using the online shop system. This means that we will have to come to an agreement about size, colour, style, fitting and everything else before work begins. Normally this is done by e-mail exchange or Facebook messenger. If clogs are ordered over the phone or face-to-face, I will e-mail you the specifications before I start work on your clogs.
The exact terms of the agreement will differ between customers and I will make clear the terms which apply to your situation before work begins if they differ at all from the following four categories:
- Clogs bought from stock: If you tried them on at a festival or other event, and bought them but later decide you don’t want them, then you can return them. As long as they arrive in the same condition you bought them in, I will refund the clogs, but return postage is your responsibility.
- Standard fitting clogs: If you order clogs at a standard size without trying them on first, and later decide you don’t want them, then the above terms will normally apply unless they are a very unusual colour and/or style and will therefore be difficult to re-sell.
- Made-to-measure clogs (from drawings & measurements supplied by you): if the clog fits the drawings but doesn’t fit you then we need to talk to see if the issue can be resolved; but in this case the fault is probably yours (sorry!).
- Made-to-measure clogs (from drawings & measurements taken by me): if these don’t fit, then again we need to talk but in this case the fault is probably mine.
Ordering through the online shop
If you buy online – or based entirely on information you have seen online – then everything is covered by The Consumer Contracts Regulations (2014).
So to make things easy, this is how it works in our context:
- If you order a standard item (e.g. pint purse, stock design masks, etc.) and you don’t like it, you can return it within 14 days of it arriving for any reason or no reason at all, and get a full refund, and we’ll pretend it never happened.
- If you order anything where you have to select options as you order (e.g. kit bags, belts) and/or you have anything personalised, then a refund is at my discretion. Personalised or made-to-order items are exempt from the CCR standard terms. All clogs are also exempt from the CCR standard terms, as they are all customised items.
- If your stuff arrives damaged or doesn’t arrive at all, you can have a refund or replacement and we’ll get into the details of that if it happens. Let’s hope it doesn’t.
- If the mistake is mine, you can have a refund or replacement. So if you order a red belt and you get sent a black one, I’ll send you a red one as well. BUT if you meant to order a red one, and you actually ordered a black one, and you got a black one, then you’re stuck with it. See the difference?
Ordering leather goods by phone, e-mail, post, Facebook or face-to-face
All orders placed by these methods will be confirmed in writing either by e-mail or post or via Facebook messenger, and I will make items according to the specification we’ve agreed. If the item then doesn’t meet what we agreed, a refund or exchange will be offered. However, if the item is made as agreed but is unsuitable because of mistakes on your part (e.g. wrong sizes given) then any refund, replacement or adaptation will be at my discretion.
Payment in full is required before dispatch and a deposit (normally 15% of the total cost) may be requested before work begins for larger or more unusual items.
Personal information entered whilst using the online shopping cart and checkout systems is stored by the site, and in my dusty tomes of customers’ names. This is all done by that most delicious method of data harvesting: cookies. Without this information, transactions become pretty difficult…
The Leather for Folkies Tribune occasional newsletter is administered by MailChimp. They hold any information you have entered when subscribing to the newsletter online or when signing up to the mailing list in person, but are not allowed to share, disclose or do anything with it other than use it for the purpose of administering the newsletter; except if required by law.
Any personal details you provide during making an online purchase or in e-mail/phone contact may be used to contact you in the future. Please drop a line at any time to email@example.com if you just want to be left alone. You will not be automatically added to the newsletter mailing list when you place an order.
Your personal data will never be given, sold or otherwise deliberately passed on to anyone else by me, except with your prior consent or unless disclosure is required by law.